A portal’s level is the average, rounded down (truncated), of the level of your resonators. Here is an example: A Portal has four resonators that are LVL1 and four resonators that are LVL2. The calculation is: (1+1+1+1+2+2+2+2) = 12 / 8 = 1.5. 1.5 is rounded down to 1 and that is the portal level.
Another example portal has eight resonators. Four resonators are LVL2, two resonators are LVL1 and two resonators are LVL3. The calculation is: (1+1+2+2+2+2+3+3) = 16 / 8 = 2. Since two is a whole number, no rounding is required.
There is a limit to the number of certain level resonators that an individual agent can deploy to a portal, thus limiting the level a portal can reach unassisted.
- A Player can have EIGHT L1 resonators on one Portal at one time.
- A Player can have FOUR L2 resonators on one Portal at one time.
- A Player can have FOUR L3 resonators on one Portal at one time.
- A Player can have FOUR L4 resonators on one Portal at one time.
- A Player can have TWO L5 resonators on one Portal at one time.
- A Player can have TWO L6 resonators on one Portal at one time.
- A Player can have ONE L7 resonator on one Portal at one time.
- A Player can have ONE L8 resonator on one Portal at one time.
The below grid shows you different resonator combinations you can use at various agent levels to achieve the maximum portal level. Save your resonators and use the lowest level ones possible in order to maximize the level you can achieve on multiple portals.
|Agent Lvl||R1 Lvl||R2 Lvl||R3 Lvl||R4 Lvl||R5 Lvl||R6 Lvl||R7 Lvl||R8 Lvl||Portal Level|
The Chart is not all inclusive, especially on level 6 as it is the easiest to create a level 4 portal. It is just meant to show as many examples as possible on using low level resonators to achieve the highest level of portal possible.
Very well thought out just need my access code
The more I read, the more anxious I am to play…if I ever get an invite of course…gees I’m addicted and I haven’t even played yet.
This was good advice thanks????