Since it has been a long time since some of these pages have been updated we have begun going through and updating the pages on our site with more up to date and accurate information. The first page we updated was the page on Creating a Portal in Ingress. Here are a list of the updates we made:
- Updated the main page with the the information that currently you cannot make any new submissions for Portals. As of September 2015 there is a temporary suspension on new portal submissions while they continue to process and evaluate the backlog of current submissions.
- You will no longer see the NEW PORTAL option when long pressing on the Scanner.
- There is no date set currently for when submissions will open back up.
- We created a new Portal Criteria page with additional information on ideal portal locations including:
- A location with a cool story
- A place in history or has educational value
- A cool piece of art or unique architecture
- A hidden gem or hyper-local spot
- Public libraries
- Public places of worship
- The Portal Criteria page also includes some Portal DON’TS when creating a portal:
- Locations with NO safe pedestrian access
- People, body parts, live animals – Just do not
- Natural features (rivers, lakes, mountains, waterfalls, etc.) – This does NOT include plaques or signs near natural features
- Candidates that are NOT permanent – this includes seasonal displays
- Please do not submit photos that you did not take yourself (pulled from a 3rd party source)
- No private residential property – this includes farms
- Do NOT interfere with fire stations, police stations, or hospitals
- No primary or secondary schools
- Finally we introduced another new page for Tips and Tricks on creating a portal in Ingress. Some of these Tips include:
- Provide a detailed title
- Provide a description that accurately represents the portal and explains why it is a good location
- Take a clear photo
- Ensure the location is correct
Hopefully you find this information helpful when creating a portal in ingress.
We would like to designate a portal/Pokestop for our business. We are a local Pizzeria that started in Iowa with satellite stores in Kansas City and Gladstone Missouri. We’re not a historical marker, but we are making History with our special SLAMMICH & SCOOBY SNACKS. We would really appreciate your approval and business.
I live in the UK and wish to submit a portal. When will I be able to do this? Sept 2015 seems a long time ago now!
Please, after the success of Pokemon Go, very players also start to play INGRESS here in Brazil, and unfortunately there are some cities that does not have even a Portal to play. I live in a 200.000 population city and the number of portals is 16; a city close to here, half the population, have the same number of Portals. Could you fix the creation portal issue soon? thanks!
Hi there! I wish to know if there is some ethical code about agents approving new portals. For example, you could live in a city where there’s more agents from one faction than other, and they can deny the “enemy” submissions based just in their own needs and not for the good of Ingress progress. So, is there a punishment for such actions? Thanks in advance for your help.
No portal in my place and how do we play
No portal in my place and how do we play…
Need few portals to play the game