Creating Links between Portals is a key step toward creating Control fields to earn Mind Units and AP. To create a link between two Portals, the following conditions must apply:
- The Origin and Destination Portals of the Link must have all eight Resonators.
- Each Resonator must be above the Critical XM health level.
- You must have the Portal Key for the Destination Portal.
- The Destination Portal must be within the range of the origin Portal, as determined by the overall level of the origin Portal’s resonators.
- The link can not pass through another link
- The link can not create a field within another field.
- There can be a maximum of 16 links on a portal, 8 Incoming and 8 Outgoing.
To establish the Link:
- Stand next to the origin Portal.
- Touch the origin Portal in the Scanner view.
- Touch the LINK button in the Portal details view.
- Touch a highlighted Portal in the Scanner view; or
- Open the carousel of Portal Keys from the side of the Scanner view, and select a particular Portal Key for the destination Portal.
- Touch CONFIRM to establish the Link.