Welcome Ingress Agent! Are you having problems leveling up in Ingress? If so then good news as we have some hints for power leveling in Ingress.
Hint #1 for Power Leveling in Ingress:
Play With a Friend
As you may already know from our Leveling in Ingress page, you gain AP for upgrading someone else’s Resonators. So when you really want to take all the AP you can from a Portal, you should upgrade the Resonators with a friend level by level.
For example let’s say you and a friend are both level 4:
- You capture the Portal and deploy 3 Resonators (L1)
- Your friend deploys 4 Resonators (L1)
- You deploy the last Resonator (L1)
- Your friend upgrades all 4 of your level 1 Resonators to level 2…
- …While you also upgrade his 4 to level 2
- Your friend upgrades all your level 2 Resonators to level 3…
- …While you upgrade his 4 to level 3
- Finally, your friend upgrades your level 3 Resonators to level 4…
- …While you upgrade his 4 to level 4
Now let’s calculate how much AP you would have gotten from this:
- You gain 500 AP for deploying the first resonator
- You gain 125 AP per first Resonator, so that’s 125 * 4 = 500 AP
- You gain 250 AP for deploying the last Resonator
- You gain 65 AP per upgrade of a Resonator that is not yours, so that is 65 * 4 * 3 = 780 AP
- You earn a total of 2030 AP just for capturing and upgrading a Portal
- Your friend gains 125 AP per first Resonator, so that’s 125 * 4 = 500 AP
- Your friend gains 65 AP per upgrade of a Resonator that is not yours, so that is 65 * 4 * 3 = 780 AP
- Your friend earns a total of 1280 AP just for capturing and upgrading a Portal
Of course you can do this past level 4, but after that level you can not have more than 2 of those level resonators per portal. For maximum effect you and your friend should switch off who goes first and who gets the last resonator.
Be sure while doing all this to hack the portal every 5 minutes to try and get it’s Portal Key as well so that you can link to it later for even more AP!