We’ve had a poll running on the side of our site for some time asking players what would be the max distance they would travel out of their way to play Ingress. Well we’ve decided to finish running that poll and start up a new poll and with that we’re posting the results from the travel poll.
The results really were as expected. The majority of voters (just over half) would not travel more than 10 miles (or 16 KM) out of their way to play Ingress. The other half however varies, it seems that a good number of people would travel up to 20 miles out of their way but not further while there are more people willing to travel 50+ Miles (80+ KM) out of their way to play than in the 20-50 mile range. I guess if you’re already going 20 out of your way you might as well go that additional 30.
While the results of this poll weren’t very shocking given fuel costs around the world, it does help to show how far some people are willing to travel even given the cost of that travel.
How Far Would You Travel Out of Your Way to Play Ingress
- 1 - 5 Miles (1 - 8 KM) (26%, 140 Votes)
- 5 - 10 Miles (8 - 16 KM) (24%, 131 Votes)
- 10 - 20 Miles (16 - 32 KM) (20%, 107 Votes)
- 50 + Miles (80+ KM) (17%, 90 Votes)
- 20 - 50 Miles (32 - 80 KM) (13%, 71 Votes)
Total Voters: 539
Our next poll asks the question what faction you chose and why. As with the last poll we will let this poll run for about a month before we pull it and put up another. We look forward to sharing the results with everyone.
Which Faction do you play and why?
- I am a Resistance Agent (27%, 662 Votes)
- I am an Enlightened Agent (26%, 636 Votes)
- Viva la Resistance (16%, 398 Votes)
- My Friends are on this side. (11%, 261 Votes)
- Resistance is Futile (10%, 252 Votes)
- This side seemed like it needed my help (8%, 205 Votes)
- Because That's what I was Defaulted To (2%, 56 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,411